One of our family gifts under the tree this year was a pack of Bible quiz cards. Hubby went through a bunch of them a couple nights ago before the chillins went to bed. I was surprised when the kids new many of the answers, and I was excited that I knew many of the ones they didn’t. This book review Bible reading pays off in many different ways you know, you can look so Bible savvy when these quiz cards show up. :) And so now I pass on a few questions to you fellow readers. See how many of these you can answer (without looking it up!). They are all taken from books of the Bible we’ve read but in no particular order :)
1. What did the Israelite spies sent into Canaan bring back?
2. What creature ate the vine that gave shade to Jonah?
3. Who threshed wheat in a winepress to hide it from the Midianites?
4. Where were Abraham’s family living when they first set out for Canaan?
5. Where did Sarah’s slave girl, Hagar, come from?
6. Where did Moses flee to escape the death penalty after killing an Egyptian?
7. Where was the burning bush?
8. Who held up Moses’ arms so that the Israelites could defeat the Amalekites in battle?
9. How many sons did Moses and his wife, Zipporah, have?
10. What were their names?
11. Where did the feeding of the 5000 take place?
12. Which disciple did the boy go up to with his food?
13. Where did Jesus tell his disciples to stay after his resurrection?
14. What were the tongues of fire a symbol of?
15. Which king believed in the God who had saved Daniel from the lions?
16. Who visited King Solomon with a caravan of camels carrying precious gifts?
17. Whose clothes were made out of camel’s hair?
18. Which Canaanite commander did a woman kill with a tent peg?
19. Who rewarded Mordecai by letting him ride through the city on the king’s own horse?
20. What did Samson tie to the tails of 300 foxes?
If you don’t know the answers to many of these take heart, I didn’t either. :) But what is truly exciting is that I knew what story they were asking about and knew which book to look it up in if I had to. So even if we don’t remember exact names at this point, we are doing well if we know more answers to these than we would have a year ago. Let me know how you think you did and I’d love to hear that someone actually got %100.
Once we go through more of the cards here at home I’ll post some more questions for ya’ll. :)